Your Privacy is Important to Us
CCA respects your right to privacy in the online world when you use our website and communicate electronically with us. We have developed this Privacy Notice to inform you how the CCA collects, stores, uses and processes the information you provide us through our website.
CCA is committed to protecting your information. This statement explains our practices for this website ("Site").
What Information We Gather
We gather information that you submit when you join the CCA or create a login to personalize your experience on the CCA website. We also gather information in connection with your registration for or presentations at CCA events including work address, email, phone, etc..
We do not store or gather any credit card information. When you use a credit card to pay for dues, registration for an event, or purchase materials. your credit card purchase information comes to the CCA and the credit card number goes to a contracted bank providing a secure merchant account. We NEVER see your credit card number or in any way receive it, store it or have any access to it.
We do not ask for or keep any Social Security numbers or any information outside of basic location, phone, email, year of designation, designations, area of expertise.
How We Use Your Information
We use information from CCA members and presenters to create a Personal Profile page for each member or presenter, which is accessible to members in the CCA directory and is linked to the CCA website pertaining to various events. You may tailor the profile information displayed by updating your Personal Profile. In addition, we may use the information we gather to provide you information on conference activities. This includes registration for events, Member Updates, dues, and other profession related opportunities.
Who Do We Disclose Your Information To and Why
Other than the information that is publicly accessible as described above, only employees of CCA who need to access your information can access it; for example, the people who send correspondence need to know your email address. We also occasionally share email addresses of those attending CCA events for one-time promotions by sponsors and exhibitors in leading up to an event.
How We Share Your Information
We provide your information to CCA members and others as described above. We do not otherwise sell or provide our database to any third parties..
Under the following circumstances we might release your information:
- We have your consent;
- We are required to share customer information by law, to protect the interests of the company or in the discharge of public duty;
- For the Actuarial Directory (maintained by the Society of Actuaries (SoA) to be up to date, we share name, email address, designation and year of designation. The SoA acknowledges that the listing/information provided is to establish membership levels only and is not to be used for any other purpose; or
- For the CCA to be a member of the International Actuarial Association, we must share the name and email addresses of those individuals who qualify for membership under our definition of membership. The IAA does acknowledge that the listing/information provided is to establish membership levels only and is not to be used for any other purpose.
How You Change or Remove Your Information
You have full access to your personal profile that we retain on our website. We try to keep your information accurate and up to date as possible. If you'd like to change or remove your information, please contact us at email@example.com
Withdrawing Consent to Use Your Information
How We Keep Your Information Secure
We use current security measures to safeguard your personal information.
- All the information you provide us is stored in a secure computing environment protected by secure firewalls to prevent unauthorized access.
- We control access so that only staff who need to access the information can.
- To register for events or personalize your experience, you must use a unique, confidential CCA user ID and password.
- When you use secure areas of the site, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol with 256-bit encryption. This means that all the information sent between your computer and our secure computer environment is encrypted or scrambled so that no one can read it in transit. You can read it and we can read it- no one else can. There are two cues to show you that you are using a secure area. First, the Web site address (or URL) appears as https:// (instead of just http://)-the "s" is for "secure." Second, a lock or key indicator appears in the status bar of your Web browser.
We do accept credit card payments for registrations. Credit card numbers are not stored on our server. If someone uses your credit card to make an unauthorized purchase, check with the institution that issued your card to find out what the exact liability is.
If you send us an email, we may save it if we think we'll need it to communicate with you. Remember, email is not a secure way to send personal information because it is not encrypted. Please don't send any personal information to us using email; use our secure forms instead.
Links Provided To Other Sites
CCA may provide links to a number of other web sites that we believe might offer you useful information and services. However, those sites may not follow the same privacy policies as CCA. Therefore, we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the actions of any third parties, including without limitation, any web site owners whose sites may be reached through this Site, nor can we control the activities of those web sites. We urge you to contact the relevant parties controlling these sites or accessing their on-line policies for the relevant information about their data collection practices before submitting any personal information or other sensitive data.
Policy Modifications & Contacting CCA