Your Privacy is Important to Us
What Information We Gather
We gather information that you submit when you join the CCA or create a login to personalize your experience on the CCA website. We also gather information in connection with your registration for or presentations at CCA events including work address, email, phone, etc. This information identifies you as an individual or is information that can be linked to you as an individual (“Personal Data”).
We do not store or gather any credit card information. When you use a credit card to pay for dues, registration for an event, or purchase materials, your credit card purchase information comes to the CCA and the credit card number goes to a contracted bank providing a secure merchant account. We NEVER see your credit card number or in any way receive it, store it or have any access to it.
As part of the legitimate interest basis of processing, we may collect and store your personal data whenever you do the following:
- Sign up to be a member, create an account on our website, update your profile, register for a meeting, pay member dues, or register for a webinar or other learning vehicle. We collect information such as your name, birth date, mailing address, email address, designations, job title, fax number and phone number. We use this information to process your request, as well as for analytics and market research to provide services and benefits to you.
We also endeavor to collect demographic information such as educational information, gender, biography data, employment type, scope of practice, practice areas, and work address. This is personal data you voluntarily provide (consent), and may update or delete at any time. We use this demographic information to help the CCA better understand and service its members, including performing analytics and market research.
- Purchase our products or services. When you purchase products or services from us through the website, we will collect the personal data needed (name, company name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, and credit card number) to process and communicate with you about your order. The CCA does not process or store your payment information; instead, we use a PCI/PA-DSS compliant payment processing service to process your payment on our behalf.
- Complete a survey. We collect various information depending on the nature of the survey, which may include your name, mailing address, title, employer, email address, and phone number. How this personal data and your survey responses will be used by the CCA is disclosed in the survey itself.
- Sign up for a newsletter or express interest in volunteering for the CCA. Among other items, we may collect your name, title, company name, mailing address, email address, biography, and phone number. We use this information to process your request.
How We Use Your Information
We use information from CCA members and presenters to create a Personal Profile page for each member or presenter, which is accessible to members in the CCA directory and is linked to the CCA website pertaining to various events. You may edit the profile information displayed by updating your Personal Profile. In addition, we may use the information we gather to provide you information on conference activities. This includes registration for events, Member Updates, dues, and other profession related opportunities.
We also use your Personal Data to provide you with personalized service; to send e-mail alerts to you, to answer your requests, to process your membership application, to verify membership, to process your meeting registration, to verify attendees, etc. Additionally, we may use your information to track visits to our website. This lets us see which of our features are the most popular so we can better serve our users’ needs. It also lets us provide aggregate data about our traffic (not identifying you personally, but showing how many visitors used which features, for example) to outside parties.
Who Do We Disclose Your Information To and Why
Other than the information that is publicly accessible as described above, only employees of CCA who need to access your information can access it; for example, the people who send correspondence need to know your email address. We also occasionally share email addresses of those attending CCA events for one-time promotions by sponsors and exhibitors in leading up to an event.
How We Share Your Information
We provide your information to CCA members and others as described above.
The CCA uses trusted third-party vendors to help us collect, store and process the personal data you share with us. Our vendors process your personal data and tracking information in accordance with our instructions, this Policy, and applicable privacy laws and regulations.
Members or visitors may opt-out from the sharing of collected information by contacting us.
Under the following circumstances we might release your information:
- We have your consent;
- We are required to share customer information by law, to protect the interests of the company or in the discharge of public duty;
- For the CCA to be a member of the International Actuarial Association, we must share the name and email addresses of those individuals who qualify for membership under our definition of membership. The IAA does acknowledge that the listing/information provided is to establish membership levels only and is not to be used for any other purpose.
How You Change or Remove Your Information
You have full access to your personal profile that we retain on our website. We try to keep your information accurate and up to date as possible. If you'd like to change or remove your information, please contact us.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
We aim to provide you with easy access to your personal data. If you need to review, change, or update your personal information, you can do so by logging into your My CCA account. Alternatively, you can contact us. Due to production, mailing, and system timelines, it may take a few days to process a request to update your preferences and personal data.
Withdrawing Consent to Use Your Information
If, after permitting use of your information, you later decide that you no longer want CCA to include you on its mailing list or otherwise contact you or use your personal information in the manner disclosed in this Policy or at the Site, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will delete your information from the CCA system.
How We Keep Your Information Secure
We use commercially reasonable efforts to make our collection of data consistent with all applicable laws and regulations. We exercise care in providing secure transmission and storage of data. However, no data transmission or storage is 100% secure. We cannot warrant that all data we transmit, store and collect will be completely secure. We take commercially reasonable efforts to create and maintain firewalls, restricted access and other appropriate safeguards to ensure that, to the extent we control information, it is used only as authorized by us and consistently with this Policy.
- All the information you provide us is stored in a secure computing environment protected by secure firewalls to prevent unauthorized access.
- To register for events or personalize your experience, you must use a unique, confidential CCA user ID and password that you define.
- When you use secure areas of the site, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol with 256-bit encryption. This means that all the information sent between your computer and our secure computer environment is encrypted or scrambled so that no one can read it in transit. You can read it and we can read it- no one else can. There are two cues to show you that you are using a secure area. First, the Web site address (or URL) appears as https:// (instead of just http://)-the "s" is for "secure." Second, a lock or key indicator appears in the status bar of your Web browser.
We do accept credit card payments for registrations. Credit card numbers are not stored on our server. If someone uses your credit card to make an unauthorized purchase, check with the institution that issued your card to find out what the exact liability is.
If you send us an email, we may save it if we think we'll need it to communicate with you. Remember, email is not a secure way to send personal information because it is not encrypted. Please don't send any personal information to us using email; use our secure forms instead.
Opt Out of Marketing
If you do not want to receive marketing emails from us, you can opt out by signing in to community.ccactuaries.org and clicking your profile in the upper right corner. Click on My Account and select Email Preferences to manage your marketing preferences or click the Manage Opt-out List link on the page to remove yourself completely from email. You can also contact us, and we can assist you.
Even if you opt out of marketing emails, we may still communicate with you for other purposes related to your membership and/or transactions initiated by you, such as new or existing orders and purchases; governance related information and changes; for customer service purposes; regarding your membership; and/or for other activities where the CCA has a legitimate business or legal purpose for contacting you.
Links Provided To Other Sites
CCA may provide links to a number of other web sites that we believe might offer you useful information and services. However, those sites may not follow the same privacy policies as CCA. Therefore, we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the actions of any third parties, including without limitation, any web site owners whose sites may be reached through this Site, nor can we control the activities of those web sites. We urge you to contact the relevant parties controlling these sites or accessing their on-line policies for the relevant information about their data collection practices before submitting any personal information or other sensitive data. Links to other sites do not imply CCA’s endorsement of the products or services, or privacy or security practices of those websites.
Data Subject Access Rights
Under the GDPR, residents of the European Union and European Economic Area (data subjects) have additional rights. These rights include accessing, updating, or requesting the deletion of personal data (unless we have to keep that personal data for legitimate business or legal purposes).
The CCA is headquartered in the United States, and our website(s) and applications are operated, in whole or in part, from the United States. The personal data we collect from you will be processed in the United States. The CCA relies on derogations (see Article 49 of the GDPR) for transferring and processing your personal data in the United States. The CCA transfers and processes your data based on your consent, to perform a contract with you, or to fulfill a compelling, legitimate interest of the CCA that does not outweigh your rights. We safeguard your privacy by ensuring that the CCA uses your data consistent with your relationship with the CCA and the privacy practices described in this Policy.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our services are directed to the general public. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 years of age or have any reasonable grounds for believing children under the age of 13 are accessing our website or using our services. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us.
Customer Service, 3880 Salem Lake Drive., Suite H, Long Grove, IL 60047