Retiree Medical Seminar
October 22, 2017 12:00 PM - 6:00 PM
This seminar serves as a primer for working on retiree group benefit valuations. Whether you are undertaking ASC715 or GASB 45/74/75 valuations, the fundamentals are the same. Attendees receive a copy of the textbook used on the Society of Actuaries’ exams, “Fundamentals of Retiree Group Benefits,” and the seminar material closely follow its contents.
The speakers at this seminar cover:
1. Trends in retiree medical plan design.
2. Actuarial assumptions and methods.
3. Pros and cons of RDS and EGWP.
4. How Medicare Advantage Plans work – and why the premium cost for Medicare Advantage plans are generally lower than Medicare Supplement premiums.
5. Morbidity tables – sources and uses.
6. My retiree medical plan client is being audited – what to expect when the auditor’s actuary reviews the valuation – and how to plan for a smooth audit review.
- Session Category
- Health & Welfare - Retiree Medical