Issues in Plan Terminations
February 20, 2013 12:30 PM - 1:45 PM
A number of issues need to be considered in order to terminate a defined benefit pension plan, including:
- Considerations for developing the plan’s investment strategy, and how this strategy may evolve over time;
- What are the actuarial funding issues as the plan is prepared for ultimate termination;
- How the marketplace for purchasing group annuities has evolved in recent years, and what may lie ahead; and
- Participant communications and other administrative tasks that need to be completed.
During this program, the presenters discuss these and other issues to help attendees gain a deeper understanding of the complex plan termination process.
- Session Category
- Employee Benefits - PBGC/Plan Termination Issues
- EA Non-Core1.50