Healthcare Reform for Non-Healthcare Actuaries
January 19, 2011 12:30 PM - 1:45 PM
This is the first in a pair of presentations that focus on the "need to know" aspects of Healthcare Reform. The intended audience is Enrolled Actuaries and others whose primary focus is not healthcare, but whose performance of actuarial services for clients is affected by healthcare reform nonetheless. Topics may include:
- Healthcare financing issues and policy concepts that led to the legislation
- Key aspects of the legislation, including those features that are currently "under fire"
- Potential impact of the legislation for employers and for individuals, both active and retired
- Strategic and tactical decisions to be made with respect to design, administration, and communication of health benefits; and
- Accounting and other financial considerations.
- Session Category
- EA Non-Core1.50