Healthcare Reform Legislation – Medicare Topics
May 12, 2010 12:30 PM - 1:45 PM
This is the second in a series of presentations jointly sponsored by the Society of Actuaries, and the Conference of Consulting Actuaries, and co-sponsored by the American Academy of Actuaries on the "new" national healthcare reform legislation. The series provides an in depth discussion of the key initiatives and impact of the Act on all stakeholders. This second presentation focuses on Medicare issues that may include:
- Key provisions of the legislation that affect the Medicare program;
- Discussion of provisions that will likely change Medicare costs and utilization;
- Changes to Medicare Advantage and likely outcomes to health plans;
- Impact of changes in Medicare programs on employer-sponsored health plans; and
- Considerations to make in current accounting-based valuations.