Update on Healthcare Reform Legislation
April 21, 2010 12:30 PM - 1:45 PM
This is the first in a series of presentations jointly sponsored by the Society of Actuaries, and the Conference of Consulting Actuaries, and co-sponsored by the American Academy of Actuaries on the "new" national healthcare reform legislation. With bills passed by congress and signed by the President, this series provides a discussion of the key initiatives and impact on all stakeholders. Topics may include:
- Key provisions of the legislation;
- Impact on current employer-sponsored health plans;
- Impact on Medicare programs including Medicare Advantage and the prescription drug program;
- Implications on the insurance industry; and
- Changes to the delivery of healthcare.