The Science of Emotional Intelligence
with Bill Benjamin
Monday, October 22, 9:00–10:15 AM
Bill Benjamin has a rare perspective – he has advanced degrees in Mathematics and Computer Science and has 25 years of real-world business experience as a senior leader. Through his keynote presentation on Emotional Intelligence, attendees discover:
- What the brain does under pressure and specific tools and strategies to effectively manage situations of tension and conflict;
- Self-awareness: understanding the impact of your leadership style and how to win the hearts and minds of people by connecting to the emotions that drive their behavior; and
- Engaging stories from the front-lines of individuals who are stepping up and winning in the most challenging, pressure-filled circumstances.
Bill is a partner at the Institute for Health and Human Potential (IHHP), a successful international research and training company, named one of the “Fastest Growing Companies” in the “Fast 100” ranking in PROFIT Magazine. Bill also contributed to the New York Times and Amazon bestselling book Performing Under Pressure, co-authored by IHHP’s JP Pawliw-Fry and noted psychologist Hendrie Weisinger.
Monday Evening Event
Monday, October 22, 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM
This year the Monday Evening Event takes place on-site at The Broadmoor. You and your registered accompanying persons are treated to an informal and relaxed event where you’ll dine and dance on the West Lawn. This is a great opportunity to unwind away from the meeting and spend social time with your peers. These are evenings to remember!
Tuesday Afternoon Forums
Tuesday, October 23, 3:00 PM
Several of the CCA communities schedule a forum to allow these groups the opportunity to meet face-to-face. Feel free to stop by, meet, and discuss current issues, news, and outlooks.
While community membership is not required to attend these on-site events. CCA members can join any of these groups through the CCA website. After logging onto the CCA website, go to www.ccactuaries.org/go/community to get started.
The following forums are currently scheduled:
- Public Plans Forum
- Healthcare Forum
- Multiemployer Plans Forum
- Smaller Actuarial Consulting Firms Forum
- Emerging Leaders Forum
Registered attendees can view an updated list of dates and times for additional forums through the 2018 CCA Annual Meeting Community at http://www.ccactuaries.org/go/annualmeetingcommunity.