Professional Standards/ABCD Hearing Seminar
04/11/2010 - Noon - 5:00 pm
Session Category: Professionalism
Credits: EA Core 5.40 CPD 5.40
Code of Professional Conduct, ASOPs, Qualification Standards, EA Regulations – pension actuaries are surrounded by professional standards. How can we be sure that we are meeting all of these requirements? How do standards benefi t us and our clients? Are our standards serving their purpose? What can I and/or my employer do to mitigate exposure? What happens if we make a mistake? The presenters at this session use a mock ABCD hearing to provide insight into the Code, ASOPs, and Qualification Standards to provide an exciting overview of our profession. Current and former ABCD members portray a subject actuary, investigator, and the ABCD chair in a live hearing. Audience members get to discuss their views and possible decisions. This seminar is a great opportunity to get an update on professional standards, while seeing the workings of issues before the ABCD. Consider attending this informative, retirement benefits focused seminar on professional standards and ethics (presented on Sunday, April 11, from noon – 5:00 p.m. at the site of and preceding the Enrolled Actuaries Meeting).
Carol R. Sears
- Actuarial Consulting Group Inc.
2. Scott D. Miller - Actuarial Consulting Group Inc.
3. John T. Stokesbury - Deloitte Consulting LLP
4. Lawrence A. Johansen - New Hampshire Retirement System
5. Dale H. Yamamoto - Red Quill Consulting
6. Zenaida M. Samaniego - U.S. Department of Labor
7. Robert J. Rietz - Consulting Actuary
8. Patrick W. McDonough - Joint Bd. for the Enrollment of Actuaries
9. Sheila Kalkunte - American Academy of Actuaries
10. Curtis E. Huntington - University of Michigan
11. Thomas C. Griffin - American Academy of Actuaries